Finesse combine with pillowy fruit weight, this is a wine that is fine boned as well as generous. Perfectly balanced fruit sit interlaced with a bright citrus acidity. A little pithy texture and an extremely fine grained oak tannin framework.
To see all available vintages and formats of this wine, and for more information please click here.
Aroma & Bouquet: Bright & flinty oyster shell nose with white blossom, grapefruit peel, pears & lemongrass with an ever so intriguing oak char.
Palate: Finesse combine with pillowy fruit weight, this is a wine that is fine boned as well as generous. Perfectly balanced fruit sit interlaced with a bright citrus acidity. A little pithy texture and an extremely fine grained oak tannin framework.
Hand harvested grapes placed in a blast chiller overnight before whole bunch pressing. This gives us very high quality juice, 24 hours settling before transferred to French oak barrels; some 228 L barriques and some 500L puncheons, 30% new oak. Wild yeasts were allowed to carry out the fermentation offering complexity and a hint of struck match. Natural acidity was retained by inhibiting malolactic fermentation. Maturation for 10 months in our cool underground cellar before blending and bottling.
Region: Yarra Valley (Gruyere)
Vines:60% of the grapes for this wine were grown on the two original Chardonnay blocks, planted in 1969. The remaining 40% of grapes are from the Crécy block planted in 2012 from new Chardonnay clones 95 and 548.
Cellaring:Delicious upon release but will reward careful cellaring for up to 10 years should you want more developed toasted notes.
Vintage 2017: A late start to harvest due to good rainfall and a cool to mild summer without any heat spikes to advance ripeness. Picking lasted 10 weeks at a leisurely pace delivering grapes with beautiful flavour development coupled and good acid retention.